College of Commerce
The department of Tourism was established in 2013-2014. Currently, morning and evening classes are taught in this department in the old campus of University of Sulaimani. Six rounds of students have obtained bachelor’s degrees in this department.
– The department works to build a bright future for the tourism sector.
– The department works to lead the academic tourism specialization in the whole country.
– The department works to align the curriculum with market demand that is appropriate for the labor market in the Kurdistan Region.
– Acquainting the students with the concepts and dimensions of tourism science to enhance their skills and potential in this field.
– Preparing a professional generation to provide the different fields of the tourism sphere in Kurdistan Region with the needed experts and specialists.
– increasing academic people in the tourism fields in Kurdistan Region.
Learning Outcomes at Department:
Students are introduced to the sciences of tourism and tourists in terms of: economics, management, geography, planning, marketing, archaeology, electronic programs, languages (Arabic, English, Turkish, and Persian), restaurant and hotel management, tour guides, management Tourism Resources and Basis of Accounting and Tourism Establishment Accounting.
Department Study Methods:
Language used in department:
Arabic and English
Duration of Studies:
The duration of study at the Tourism Department is 4 Academic years (8 semesters) full-time study.
SALAH HAMA SAEED H SALEH
Farhad Nasraddin Rashid
ALAN MOHAMMED AWRAHMAN
Shamal Ali Marif
Rawa Saman Maaroof
Salar Hamid Awakhti
Omed Mohammed Hussein
Paywand Mahmod Muhammed
Pana Foad Abdullah