College of Commerce
Financial Accounting and Auditing
The Financial Accounting and Auditing department is one of the important academic departments of the college of Commerce at University of Sulaimani. The department firstly opened under the name of Accounting department in 1997 and continued until it changed to Financial Accounting and Auditing in 2015. The first class graduated in 2000-2001; there are 18 graduated classes of Accounting degree up to 2017 academic year. The department was used to accept students who successfully completed any branch of high school. However, the department is only accepting students from the scientific branch of high school through the Central Admission System.
Since the academic year 2015–2016, the education in college of Commerce has shifted from evening class to morning class, due to this factor the name of the department has changed to Financial Accounting and Auditing Department from previously so-called Accounting department. The department is unique in the whole Kurdistan Region since the graduates are specialized in the field of financial accounting and auditing. This department does not exist in any other universities in the region. Other universities, rather, have a department of Accounting. Duration of study is 4 academic years through 8 semesters under the Bologna process. Students who successfully complete the requirements of this department obtain degrees in scientific fields Financial Accounting and Auditing.
- The department is a leader in providing high-quality and competent graduates ready to practical life in the public and private sectors.
- The department attempts to create job opportunities for the graduates through studying contemporary subjects in the field which are required from the market.
- The department provides modern teaching programs to students and implements training for students.
Training of experts and competent cadres in the field of accounting and auditing through the provision of modern curricula, practical training and conducting scientific research, in a way that is compatible with today’s labor market in the Kurdistan Region.
Learning Outcomes at Department:
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of various advanced accounting issues related to Financial Accounting within a global and or ethical framework.
- Graduates will recognize and be able to prepare commonly used financial statements, their components and how information from business transactions flows into these statements.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate progressive learning of auditing and be ready to highly contribute in this career.
Department Study Methods:
Language used in department:
English, Arabic and Kurdish
Duration of Studies:
The duration of study at the Financial Accounting and Auditing Department is 4 academic years (8 semesters) full-time study.
Hemn Mahamad Aziz
Sherko Sdiq Abdullah
GONA OMAR ABDULRAHMAN
Hoshman Ahmed Sharif
HESHOO GhAFOOR AWRAHMAN
DELAN ABDALLA MOHAMMED