Market Economic one of the academic department of the College of Commerce, it was founded in academic year (2001-2002), the total numbers of the Bachelor Degree Holders of the College up to this moment is 12 classes.
The name of Department was changed from (Economic) to (Market Economic) in 2012, so that the name of department and its programs correspond the need of today’s labor market in Kurdistan.
Applying to the college specified to high school graduates of scientific branch through Central Admission System.
A goal of Market Economics Department as an academic department consists of the points below:
1. Introducing the community and students to the science of economics, and attempting to prepare active and skilled graduates taking part in the reconstruction process of the country and the economic growth in Kurdistan Region.
2. Analysing the problem occurred in economy and finding the solutions through academic researches, the way enabling students to be well qualified and specialized.
The Department policy:
Academically and administratively, the department is supervised by the Head of department. Below are four committees by which, various tasks are to be accomplished, as every committee has a specific task. The three are monitored and instructed by the Head.
1. Students' affairs committee: Its responsibility is to organize the students' affairs such as, listing the groups, and supervising the summer training. Moreover, it constitutes a linkage between students and lecturers to facilitate certain mutual matters. All of students' requests are directed to the Head via this committee.
2. Lecturers' affairs committee: it organizes all the academic staff's issues; preparing their pay forms, their given seminars, workshops, and other activities.
3. Examinations committee: it arranges all the examination processes in the department; allocating the exams halls, invigilators, and other necessary preparations.
4. Information Technology (IT) committee: its job is collecting and recording all the data and information related to the department.
The table shows the number of students in the department:
Names of Heads the Department in the past years:
Dr.Aras Hussen Mahmud 2000-2008
Dr.Aram Namiq Tawfeq 2008-2009
Mr.younis Ali Ahmmed 2009-2010 as a supervisor of the economic department
Mr.Younis Ali Ahmmed 2010-2011 as a Head of the Department
Dr.ezzat Sabir Esmaael 2011-2013
Dr.Arsalan San-Ahmmed 2013-2014
1.First year programme syllabuses:
2. Second Year programme syllabuses:
3. Third year programme syllabuses:
4. Forth year programme syllabuses:
Commerce Departments >